Subscribe in a reader Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

I'm going to help you market your handmade jewelry more effectively. Learn how to sell and make a generous living making and selling jewelry.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I love to help other people be successful on their own terms. If I can help someone start a successful business they ENJOY, plus show them how to market it, I will have done my job.

BeadStyle Magazine

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hello! Welcome back to your blog for everything you need to know to sell more of your handmade jewelry.

Now, I'm going to ask you to take a minute to glance at yourself in the mirror and see what you're wearing today. I hope you're going to say that you're wearing a piece of your own beautiful handmade jewelry!

Believe it or not, you may be the very best advertisement for your pieces!

Let me tell you about a friend of mine who makes semiprecious stone necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Her pieces are just beautiful with really stunning focal centerpieces. (I'll be adding photos to this site in the near future).

My friend happens to be a pharmaceutical rep which puts her in contact with the public on a daily basis. Now, being the smart marketer that she is, do you think she would miss an opportunity to get free advertising for her jewelry? Definitely not! She leaves the house wearing a necklace and a matching pair of earrings every day.

I can't even begin to tell you how many pieces she has sold to nurses and even doctors just by WEARING her jewelry! This is without doing any selling at all. When she's asked about a piece of jewelry, she simply tells them she makes custom jewelry and gives them a business card. On her next visit, there's usually an order waiting for her.

What could be easier than this? I have one additional suggestion before you leave the house tomorrow morning wearing your carefully selected, handmade jewelry. Wear it with a simple, solid colored top. This will more effectively showcase with beauty of your jewelry without distracting from the piece with too many frills and patterns.

When I go out, I frequently wear a simple pair of black pants and black top coordinated with an appropriate necklace. I'm often asked by total strangers about my jewelry which gives me an opportunity to give them a business card. I've found that around 30 percent of the people I give cards to follow up with an order.

So, this is an easy and FREE way to advertise your handmade jewelry. Give it a try and let me know the results. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home