Subscribe in a reader Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

I'm going to help you market your handmade jewelry more effectively. Learn how to sell and make a generous living making and selling jewelry.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I love to help other people be successful on their own terms. If I can help someone start a successful business they ENJOY, plus show them how to market it, I will have done my job.

BeadStyle Magazine

Friday, January 19, 2007

Words & Phrases That Sell Handmade Jewelry

As promised, I'd like to give you a list of words and phrases that you can use in your auction descriptions and sales literature to help you sell more handmade jewelry. This is a continuation of yesterday's post so if you missed it, here it is.

Now that we know the marketing power of words, let's put them to use! I would print out this list and keep it by your computer to use when you're writing your sales copy:

charming
enchanting
captivating
irresistible
unforgettable
exquisite
alluring
legendary
keepsake
nostalgic
timeless
distinctive
exceptional
outrageous
flashy
delicate
sensuous
dazzling
vivid
splendid
sparkling
burnished
textured
tantalizing
mystical
vibrant
riveting
compelling
ornate
opulent
sumptuous
posh
fancy
festive
immaculate
arresting
startling
intriguing
dramatic
engrossing
lavish
striking
spellbinding
mesmerizing
breathtaking
incredible
pristine
magical
fiery
harmonious
exclusive
sassy
rare
exceptional
exclusive
shimmering


Here's a list of phrases you can use in your handmade jewelry marketing literature:

You'll fall in love with
Just the right touch
Indulge yourself
Museum quality
Finely crafted
Limited edition
A delight for the eyes
Will last a lifetime
With panache
All the rage
Classically designed
Enduring quality
Custom designed
Refreshingly original
Unlike any other
Transcends time
With a twist
In a class by itself
Expertly crafted
One of a kind

Obviously there are alot more words and phrases that can beautifully describe your handmade jewelry. When you think of one, be sure to add it to your reference list. This will make it much easier to write your ads.

Here's an example of how you might use this list to write a description:

"You'll fall in love with this refreshingly original sterling silver necklace expertly handcrafted by me in my Roanoke, Virginia studio. The fiery redtones of the centerpiece are exceptional and give the piece a mesmerizing glow. This refreshingly unique design is limited edition with only a few pieces crafted per year. Indulge yourself in this exclusive, limited edition design and experience beauty that will last a lifetime."

One way to get ideas and words for describing handmade jewelry is to visit some of the online catalog sites that sell jewelry. You can also get ideas by looking at exceptional Ebay auction descriptions. As I come upon these, I'll post them for you to see in the future.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend. We'll be taking another short trip this weekend so I won't be posting again until Sunday or Monday. This time we're heading to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. If I have a chance, I'll visit some jewelry stores to get fresh marketing ideas for future posts. Thanks for reading. :-)

Kristie

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I consider my vocabulary to be fairly respectable, but it seems like as soon as I try to describe my jewelry, my arsenel of adjectives is immediately reduced to two - and they aren't even very good ones at that.

Thank you so much for this!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Steve Smith said...

This list is so helpful. Thank you. I with try and use some in my blog: www.stevesmithsjewellery.blogspot.com

Thank you so much
Steve

7:10 AM  
Blogger GRAVITY Jewelry said...

Great list! Will use it in my jewelry store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/GRAVITYjewels

Thank you,
GravityJewels

12:17 AM  
Blogger Diary of a "BabyMama" said...

AWESOME!! Very descriptive and beautiful words/phrases =) We will be using them in out boutique. Thank You....

www.facebook.com/YummieCreations
www.etsy.com/shop/YummCreations

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JMHsouk is the best Way to market handmade Jewelry.Jmhsouk also provides you the different types of hanmade jewellry designs.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the great phrases. Feel free to visit www.prettyneck.com

4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
Awesome blog!
In fact your blog is a must visit!
Thank you so much for sharing this blog.
Silver sell Linz

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home