Subscribe in a reader Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

I'm going to help you market your handmade jewelry more effectively. Learn how to sell and make a generous living making and selling jewelry.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I love to help other people be successful on their own terms. If I can help someone start a successful business they ENJOY, plus show them how to market it, I will have done my job.

BeadStyle Magazine

Monday, January 01, 2007

Handmade Jewelry Marketing in 2007

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you have made your New Years resolutions and set your goals for 2007. It's a brand new year full of potential and possibilities. Make it your goal this year to break out of your handmade jewelry marketing rut and try something new.

If you keep doing the same thing, you're going to get the same results. Try adding some color to your booth and display, update your business card, design an eye catching flyer that has a special offer, or find a new online site to sell your jewelry. One online site for jewelry sales I might sugggest is:

http://www.yessy.com/1075489765.html

I love the fact that they'll give you a 14 day free trial and it takes all of 5 minutes to set up a gallery. I had a reader email several days ago to let me know she's used this site for 2 weeks and has already sold 2 1/2 times what she sells through her Ebay store.

Your results are really going to vary with what type of jewelry you sell so this site may not be the solution for all handmade jewelry artists since there are so many submarkets and price points for handmade jewelry. A free 2 week trial will at least give you some idea as to whether it will work for you items.

I'm trying to make you aware of the importance of TESTING different markets and fine tuning your marketing system until you get results. Even AFTER you get results, it's important to keep testing and refining to maximize your profits.I've found that changing one small aspect of your presentation can often have an enormous impact on sales. In the future, I'm going to show you some of the small changes you can make in your marketing that can result in big sales of handmade jewelry.

So, this year resolve to:

1. Not be complacent with your handmade jewelry business. It's important to always find new ways to improve and grow. Don't let a fear of failure keep you from trying new marketing techniques. The only REAL failure lies in not trying!

2. Look at your business with a fresh eye every few weeks. Try to look at it the way a customer would. Does your jewelry line look fresh and exciting or tired and stale? I was away from our bead store for several weeks and, upon returning, visited the store. My partner had commented on how everything seemed to be in order. Having not seen the bead store in several weeks, I was able to see thing from a fresh perspective. Well, guess what? I was not pleased with what I saw. Our inventory level looked low and what remained was much less inspiring than I would have liked. We did a major overhaul, added some new and exciting inventory and were subsequently rewarded almost immediately with increased sales.

3. Have an objective outside source look at your jewelry presentation every few weeks and give their opinion. My husband is not exposed to our bead store on a daily basis so he can see our store from a more objective standpoint. I have him come in every 3-4 weeks to walk around and let me know if an update is needed and what needs to be changed. Try to adopt a similar strategy for your own display and presentation.

4. Put your business goals in writing and break them down into small, manageable steps. After you have determined the steps you need to take to achieve your goals, break them down into daily tasks and put them on your calendar. Check them off as you achieve them. When you complete your goals for the day, give yourself a small treat. When I complete my daily goals, I reward myself with a Starbucks Light Latte with Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup. Expensive but delicious!

5. Be more aware of trends. Watch what people are wearing and saying to make sure your designs are consistent with the upcoming lifestyle trends that are emerging. Read fashion magazines and celebrity magazines, watch popular television shows, home shopping network, the Carol Duvall show etc to see what's hot in the fashion, craft, and jewelry world.

6. Always be open to new ideas for handmade jewelry designs. When you have a new idea, write it down! It's amazing how quickly even the best ideas can be forgotten.


I could go on and on, but I don't want to make this post too long since I want you to devote your time to your handmade jewelry business.

One favor I'd like to ask of you. Could you please let me know how I can improve this blog? What would you like to read more about? What topics don't interest you? Please tell me your needs so I can help you as much as possible. You can either comment on the blog or email me at beadsindeed@cox.net. Thanks so much. :-)

Kristie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home