Subscribe in a reader Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

I'm going to help you market your handmade jewelry more effectively. Learn how to sell and make a generous living making and selling jewelry.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I love to help other people be successful on their own terms. If I can help someone start a successful business they ENJOY, plus show them how to market it, I will have done my job.

BeadStyle Magazine

Monday, December 25, 2006

How to Find Local Craft Shows

Merry Christmas! I'll make my posting brief. Afterall, it is Christmas Day. :-) Also, my husband and I will be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow so don't expect another post until Friday.

Today I want to give you some ways to find local craft shows for selling yourhandmade jewelry.

Here are some ideas:

1. Call your local Chamber of Commerce. Better yet become a member. It's a great way to network.

2. Network with other handmade jewelry makers and crafters in your area. This has the added advantage of allowing you to find out if a particular show is worth your time and effort. Why not get the email addresses of crafters and jewelry exhibitors at shows and start a craft show email list to share information about craft shows?

3. Call your local churches and other nonprofit organizations and ask if they have any upcoming shows planned. Be careful with these shows as many of them draw more lookers than buyers. This may not be a good market for high end jewelry. Although,one of my best shows is held at a church in an upscale neighborhood.

4. Subscribe to publications such as Sunshine ArtistMagazine that lists craft shows by region.

5. Call your local craft and bead stores to see if they know of any upcoming shows. We have a large bead store in Roanoke, Virginia and we occasionally sponsor shows for jewelry
artisans http://www.netbead.com

6. Call your local shopping malls to inquire about any special sales they might be sponsoring.Malls will often sponsor shows for temporary vendors who sell arts, crafts, and antiques.Jewelers can often do well at these shows.

7. Check local bulletin boards at schools, churches,libraries, etc for announcements of craft shows.

8. Ask, ask, ask! Ask people that you might encounter in craft stores and supply houses if they know of any upcoming shows.

9. Finally, search the web regularly for the announcement of shows. I usually do a search with the name of my city and state + craft shows. When I searched Roanoke Virginia Craft Shows just now, I found a long list of upcoming craft shows.That's all for today! I'll talk to you again when I return from my trip. :-)

Kristie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home