Subscribe in a reader Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

Handmade Jewelry Marketing Tips

I'm going to help you market your handmade jewelry more effectively. Learn how to sell and make a generous living making and selling jewelry.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I love to help other people be successful on their own terms. If I can help someone start a successful business they ENJOY, plus show them how to market it, I will have done my job.

BeadStyle Magazine

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have so many new readers! I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions on what you'd like to see discussed in the future. Also, feel free to add your own comments as well links to your jewelry designs. Let the world see what you do!

Today, I want to talk about trends and countertrends.

I know that most jewelry designers consider it important to keep abreast of fashion and jewelry trends. It IS important to keep track of trends and styles in the world of fashion, BUT it doesn't necessarily mean you need to jump on board every trend and fad that comes around.

I have a friend who is quite successful selling her handmade jewelry. She follows trends closely, but she uses the trends to determine what NOT to do. If color is a hot item for the season, she designs her jewelry in neutral shades. If long necklaces are the rage, she makes sure to have the best selection of short necklaces. She is essentially choosing to go with the countertrend and it works exceedingly well for her.

Just why does this strategy work? When the eye sees too much of any one thing over a period of time, it can effectively become desensitized to that particular item. When stores overstock their shelves with redundant jewelry that all looks alike, the eye seeks out something different and unique.

That's were the countertrend designer comes in. She has that unique item that eyes weary of the same old look are seeking out. Her items are a refreshing change from the ordinary and there are quite a few people who seek out this particular look and buy it.

So where does this leave you? Regardless of which way you choose to go with your designs and how closely you choose to follow the prevailing look, you need to know what the trends are.

IIn the near future, I'll be publishing an article on what sources to use to find out the latest trends. Until then, I'll refer you to an excellent magazine that has a monthly trend report with color photos of what's going to be popular in jewelry, beads and fashion. Here'a link: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2227394-10289946

I'll also refer you to an article I wrote several weeks ago on my website on the current jewelry and fashion trends for fall and winter 2006. Here it is: http://www.beadsindeed.com/wst_page8.html

i hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season! Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate every one of you. :-)

Kristie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home